HEHD will prepare professionals who, in addition to content knowledge and skills, hold these six dispositions:
- Possess skills necessary to work collaboratively with individuals, families, and community groups from diverse backgrounds;
- Possess skills necessary to lead effectively and creatively in complex and changing environments and to become agents of change;
- Demonstrate flexibility, resilience, and adaptability, caring, ethical decision-making and ethical conduct;
- Possess knowledge of organizational behavior and how governance and systems work;
- Engage in professional development for continual growth and life-long learning; and
- Attain a global perspective and level of knowledge and skill necessary to succeed in a complex global economy.
The Believe It video is my visual representation of these six dispositions.